Adirondack Broomball League Board
Commissioner: Gary Randall
Treasurer & Statistician: John Ingalls
Head Referee: Bob Frye
*president SYLLABICATION: pres·i·dent
PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: prz_dnt, _dnt KEY
NOUN: 1. One appointed or elected to preside over an organized body of people, such as an assembly or meeting.
2. abbr. Pres. a. The chief executive of a republic. b. President The chief executive of the United States, serving as both chief of state and chief political executive.
3. The chief officer of a branch of government, corporation, board of trustees, university, or similar body.
ETYMOLOGY: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin praesidns, praesident_, from present participle of praesidre, to preside. See preside.
Gary is none of the above, therefore, the League's Selected Official is now-
PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: k_msh_nr KEY
NOUN: abbr. Com. or Comr. 1. A member of a commission.
2. A person authorized by a commission to perform certain duties.
3. A governmental official in charge of a department: a police commissioner.
4. Sports An official selected by an athletic association or league to exercise administrative or regulatory powers over it: a broomball commissioner.